- The Group Planning Director (GPD) role is managerial, but also one of agency leadership. This individual oversees a planning group and their responsibility extends from complete oversight of their assigned clients, to staff management/development to P/L management. The GPD provides strategic leadership, understands all aspects of their client’s business and is deeply involved in the future offerings of Neo services.
- GPD cultivates senior relationships within the agency, with client and with media properties. They are also active in the media community – sitting on panels and other public opportunities.
- GPD is expected to take part in larger areas of agency development – new business pitches, committees and task forces
- Build and maintain senior client relationships
- Direct the development of client presentations and other important communication
- Demonstrate thought leadership and innovation for enhanced media plans and results
- Grow client business and manage their planning group P/L
- Accountable for account budgets and billing
- Train, motivate and develop a planning group
- 8-10 years of media planning experience with at least some recent high level clients (with this seniority, knowledge of offline media is expected)
- Proven leadership ability – have managed a team of planners & supervisors & AMD’s
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Resourceful, with proven problem solving skills