Client Consulting/Business Development
- Strategic consultant to clients - understands their business, market trends, cultural challenges and competitive landscape and uses that knowledge to educate internal teams and inform innovative solutions that foster strong valued partnerships with clients. Understands clients’ current position within the industry, making adjustments to strategy based on changing market conditions, providing on-going, proactive relationship value to clients.
- Deep understanding of Ogilvy 360 capabilities and Ogilvy Employee Experience value proposition, in order to identify opportunities and help convert them to compelling innovative solutions.
- Excellent ability to act effectively as a “sales advocate” to sell in recommended strategies and implementation plans (research, marketing and marcom) with clients.
- Consistent ability to identify, develop and escalate and/or successfully sell new opportunities within existing accounts.
- Actively develops strong and successful relationships both internally and externally. Successful in developing strong bonds with internal creative and account teams as well as externally with clients and Ogilvy partners. Able to work collaboratively with strategy peers.
- Established leader in in defining sales enablement, employee activation and account strategies that translate into effective work streams for Ogilvy.
- Outstanding and engaging presenter - ability to read an audience, engage at the appropriate level, sell the idea, draw out the audience, thoughtful listener.
- Exceptional communications skills - ability to read and flex to different communication styles, read and influence challenging situations, provide concise communications to all relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Excellent ability to energize a team through strategic insights, uniting toward a common goal through communication, business knowledge, respect and collaboration.
- Ability to educate other Ogilvy partners about the most effective strategic consulting processes, emphasizing the functional, foundational elements of the employee experience practice.
- Recognizes and shares key internal knowledge to account, creative and other departments to fully realize the strategy in implementation.
- Capable of developing cross-industry/cross-account/cross-project transfer of knowledge to leverage existing strategies, increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Outstanding ability to run high quality strategy engagements- analyzing the existing research around the market, competitive resource data, conducting qualitative research that may include stakeholder, client or customer interviews and commissioning additional research/analysis as necessary to define and deliver on the strategy.
- Strong advocate of the VOC (voice of customer), sometimes being sales or internal audiences, by obtaining key target audience insights that provide a fair point-of-view of the target audience.
- Ability to develop and deliver strategically sound solutions for positioning the business/product lines, as well as GTM strategies, including short- and long- term strategies.
- Develops and produces high quality marketing strategies and plans for assigned clients
- Writes outstanding, thoughtful briefs, based on insights gleaned from research
- Strong understanding of measurement with keen ability to recommend trackable marketing objectives, implement metric measurement systems and report results as [case study] proof of need for proper strategy.