Ogilvy is seeking an experienced communications professional to join our growing Public Affairs/Social Marketing practice in Sacramento. The Public Affairs Practice works with a diverse group of clients on a national and state level on leading issues in the public policy and business arenas. Clients span a full range of sectors including healthcare, transportation, and energy. Candidates will be experienced strategists with strong program management, media relations, social media and writing skills. Candidates must also have an advanced knowledge of and experience working in the California political arena. The position requires high-level understanding and performance in the areas of strategic communications, media relations, and social media engagement.
An Account Supervisor meets all responsibilities and expectations of a Senior Account Executive and:
· Independently handles several small accounts or major projects of a large account, directing much of the day-to-day work with assistance from more senior staff as appropriate
· Anticipates and leads the resolution of emerging account problems
· Develops, manages projects/programs including implementing programs, staffing plans, budgets, & timelines
· Ensures team is appropriately involved and informed and that the team can articulate and apply agency vision, goals, and practice area capabilities
· Provides insights to clients and team members to improve effectiveness of programs
· Develops and oversees accurate project budgets and timely distribution of bills and reports
· Follows up with clients on collections and other financial and administrative details
· Ensures that team contributes quality ideas and recommendations for new/expanded proposals
· Delivers strong analyses, strategy, and concepts to program development and provides strong leadership for existing accounts
· Provides leadership in developing and presenting new business programs as well as ensuring team understands process as well.
· Provides day-to-day counsel to team members and manages staff to maximize productivity
· Manages timely performance appraisals and delivers timely feedback on job performance and career development, where necessary
· 7+ years experience in PR communications, prior agency experience required
· Knowledge of public affairs, social change/marketing sectors required
· Prior experience of healthcare and/or Latino/Multicultural marketing strongly preferred
· Bi-lingual (Spanish) strongly preferred
· Incredibly organized account manager
· Demonstrated project management skills and ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
· Ability to manage dynamic situations and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
· Proven experience developing and executing strategic communications plans, compelling proposals and the ability to present them effectively and persuasively
· Strong strategic and creative thinking
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· BA/BS required